Start Cold Staking on a VPS
It is recommended to run your own Full Node for Cold Staking To help the Solaris network stay as decentralized as possible.
If you want setup your own Hot Wallet which will do the staking for you on a VPS, then follow the instructions below.
- • Solaris Core wallet synced up to 100%
- • XLR coins in your main wallet account (DASHBOARD)
- • A Virtual Private Server (VPS) - With Ubuntu 64 Bit OS (16.04 - 19.04)
- • Recommended VPS specifications: 2GB RAM, 1 Core CPU, 20GB+ Hard drive
- • A way to connect to the VPS console:
- ○ Windows users can download Putty from: www.putty.org
- ○ Mac users can use Terminal to connect: MAC OS X Terminal Guide
Instructions for VPS Hot Wallet setup
Add More Coins to Cold Stake
You can keep adding more coins from your main balance to Cold Stake, and you can use the same Hot Wallet address, or a completely different one each time. To do this simply follow these instructions:
- 1. Click into the Cold Staking tab in your Solaris Core Wallet.
- 2. Click "New Setup".
- 3. Enter the amount of coins you want to start Cold Staking
- 4. Enter the Hot Wallet address you received from Cold Staking Service or your own Hot Wallet setup
- 5. Click "Send"
- 6. That's it! After your coins mature, they will begin to stake. You can see your combined Cold Staking balance in this tab.
Withdraw Coins from Cold Balance
You may withdraw as many coins as you want from your Cold Balance at any time. You may use any address for the withdrawal, or use your own wallets address to withdraw the coins to your main balance.
Follow these guidelines to withdraw coins back to your main balance.
- 1. In the "Dashboard" tab click on "RECEIVE" button and copy your wallet receiving address.
- 2. Click into the Cold Staking tab.
- 3. Click with "Withdraw" button in the Cold Balance section.
- 4. Enter the amount of coins you want to withdraw from your Cold Balance
- 5. Enter the address you copied from the Dashboard for your own wallet
- 6. Enter the wallet password and click send.
- 7. That's it! Go back to the Dashboard tab to see the withdrawal back to your wallet.